Website Falcona Management & Technology, LLC
Job Title: Training Specialist – Senior
Falcona Category: Education Analyst III
Reports to: Project Manager
Classification: Full-Time Exempt
Updated: December 8, 2021
Approved by: John Ayala
Provides support for the curriculum development life cycle process of Medical Education and Training Campus (METC), Defense Medical Readiness Training Institute (DMRTI) and Defense Health Agency (DHA) Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) base Training Programs in accordance with Air Force, Army and Navy training requirements. The contractor shall interface directly with a variety of METC program staff and Academic Affairs staff. The Curriculum Management staff ensures comprehensive curriculum development lifecycle management to 50 enlisted medical training programs at METC, 4 training programs at DMRTI, and as yet determined number of training programs coming from the Services to DHA from MTFs beginning in FY20. Plan and organize the curriculum development processes of DHA training programs. Develop goals and objectives. Assist with guidance, and support to align associated Services. Provide direction and standards regarding training Policy, Procedure and Guidelines. Coordinate the planning of internal and external agencies to ensure effective integration and execution of training processes. Objectives are to improve operations, training programs, training strategy, and furnish data for higher-level headquarters decision making. Provide input to annual training meetings. Design, organize, develop, coordinate and evaluate training for DHA training programs. Modify training curricula and materials to incorporate unique training requirements. Analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate instructional programs based on educational technology and complex technological applications. Maintain updated curriculum in the electronic systems to include but not limited to, Joint Knowledge Online and QuestionMark along with other curriculum management information technology systems. Assist with development of instructional programs for the DHA training programs, and diverse multi-service and multi-national target populations. Design and develop interactive instructional materials based on sound implementation of selected technological applications. Execute the design, development, and testing of interactive instructional materials, special training devices, and equipment based on the current and projected future training needs of the assigned DHA training programs. Track and report on the curriculum milestones based on the METC curriculum development process. Support METC with a variety of installation and functional area organizations. Establish, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with other offices and officials. Meet with key leaders and coordinating officials to assess satisfaction, explain organizational policy and procedures, and resolve significant problems that arise in curriculum development lifecycle management. Ensure associate training programs provide customer guidance and training. Participate in special projects and initiate, track, and ensure completion of milestones and goals. Evaluate reports by analyzing facts and performing appropriate research and preparing detailed responses. Suggest appropriate recommendations for unresolved or questionable problems and perform follow-up. Research and recommend appropriate actions or interpretation of issues that impact organization, installation, command, or agency. Accomplish special projects, develop and implement completion of METC projects designed to improve procedures and baseline processes and provide support to DHA academic programs. Conduct or attend briefings regarding the development, design, implementation, and utilization of instructional design applications. Update leadership and program staff on a variety of issues related to the development and implementation of effective training programs. Analyze problems, establish objectives, collect data, and conduct all other aspects of assigned projects, assess and monitor progress, develop solutions and present findings in reports and briefings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, conduct and organize curriculum development lifecycle management efforts to comply with governance guidance and current policies to achieve organizational needs.
- Employ highly detailed processes to ascertain the effectiveness of current operational activities, examine problem areas, and develop solutions.
- Develop courses of action for supervisor on complex curriculum development matters and take steps to resolve the problem.
- Serve as technical expert in Instructional Systems Development/Systems Approach (ISD/SAT) processes.
- Establish priorities, plans, and schedules and complete work to accomplish the mission.
- Remain current on changes in curriculum development policy and prepare course of action analysis for superiors on any potential impact on the mission.
- Develop and provide comprehensive training on the METC ISD/SAT processes to METC faculty and staff as required.
- Monthly report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications and presentations skills and are capable of learning and utilizing current and emerging military and commercial technology.
- Knowledgeable of instructional techniques and training methodologies that will enable the development, implementation, evaluations, and revision of training programs.
- Basic knowledge of computer equipment and the assigned area of system software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to incorporate programs to include Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
Training Requirements: DHA/METC initial and annual training requirements, and comply with all DHA/METC policies, procedures, productivity standards and instructions as provided.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: Withstand prolonged periods of standing, ability to sit in meetings for long periods of time; ability to use personal computer for long periods of time. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Travel Requirements: Some travel may be required.
COVID Requirements: Pursuant the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 guidance and federal contractor requirements, individuals must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required accommodations (in other words, a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief).
Personal Protective Equipment: None
General: Employee expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to policies. There is an expectation of commitment to Falcona’s values and mission. Other duties assigned as needed.
Metrics: (from Supervisor)