Website Falcona Management & Technology, LLC
Job Title: Proposal Writer
Reports to: Dr. John F Ayala
Classification: Full-Time Exempt
The proposal writer’s responsibilities include identifying opportunities, gathering information, formatting the information according to the company’s policies, obtaining executives’ approval, and sending the proposal to the appropriate source. To be successful as a proposal writer, you should be articulate, have excellent written communication skills, and be able to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines. Ultimately, a top-notch proposal writer should be consistent, detail-oriented, and able to write in a factual, convincing manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the proposal process from inception through submission including the creation, organization, proposal strategy, theme and content development, technical writing editing, and production.
- Attending meetings, searching, and identifying opportunities for proposal writing using the GovWin platform.
- Read and interpret RFP / RFQ documents to plan win themes, calculate the probability of a win, and deploy the cradle-to-grave proposal process.
- Giving presentations to the executive team.
- Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner.
- Develop technical content addressing requirements, and interview technical experts to write to meet all proposal requirements.
- Draft proposal outlines, proposal management plans, and proposal schedules.
- Prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Edit and revise proposal content for clarity, conciseness, and readability.
- Maintaining consistency in proposal writing by following company policies
- Draft accurate, responsive, compelling text for proposals, request for proposals, capability statements, white papers, and Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System
- Write documents that help with proposal writing
- Help create strategies that help with the proposal development
- Create graphics and presentations
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related field Previous experience in proposal writing.
- Minimum Years of Experience – 8 years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience searching for bid opportunities in tools such as GovWin and FedBizOpps.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and are capable of learning and utilizing current and emerging military and commercial technology.
- Basic knowledge of computer equipment and the assigned area of system software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to incorporate programs including Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- High-level communication skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Training Requirements: None
COVID Requirements: Pursuant to the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 guidance and federal contractor requirements, individuals must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required accommodations (in other words, a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief).
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Personal Protective Equipment:
General: Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as role models in the adherence to policies. There is an expectation of commitment to Falcona’s values and mission. Other duties are assigned as needed.
Metrics: (from President)